Blocked drains are a common, yet incredibly annoying problem that most people have to deal with. Although blocks occur often, there are things that you can do in your home or business to reduce their chances of escalating. Need a blocked drain in Milton Keynes cleared fast! Call 0333 5778 247.
Here are eight tips to prevent blocked drains this spring
What You Should and Shouldn’t Do
- Keep grease and oil out of your drains. Instead, you can pour it into a disposable container and throw it away in the waste. Grease and oil harden once they get into your pipes, and can build up over time. Other debris can stick to it on their way down, which can quickly cause a block.
- Use drain screens if you don’t already have them. Your drains regularly deal with soap, hair, dirt, and other debris that can cause problems in your plumbing system. A stopper will be able to filter these materials, while still allowing your wastewater to pass through.
- If you don’t have a macerator, no food should be allowed down your drains. Accidents happen, and particles will find their way in.
- If you do have a macerator, there are certain things that you shouldn’t put in. This includes peels and skins, coffee grounds, and eggshells to name a few. Not only can they damage your macerator, they can stick to the sides of your pipes and cause blockages.
- Whenever you use your macerator, you should have a steady flow of cold water coming from the tap. Contrary to popular belief, cool water is better than warm for flushing out debris. This will help to carry it all the way through your drainage system.
- Never flush anything (besides toilet paper) down the toilet. Paper towels, regular towels, or other materials are too heavy for your plumbing system to handle. They can easily cause blocks or backups, so it’s best to throw them in the rubbish.
- Every week or so, you can pour boiling water down your drain. This will help to flush away grease or debris that may have built up.
- The most important step of all is making sure that your plumbing fixtures get professional attention! Early detection is key in preventing major malfunctions down the road. At the first sign of an issue, call PipeDream Plumbing.
How PipeDream Plumbing Can Help
No matter where your block is located, or how advanced it is, PipeDream Plumbing can fix it. Our qualified and insured professionals will be able to restore your plumbing to working condition. To help relieve your blocked drains, we offer:
Video Camera Inspection: We use state of the art drain-imaging tools to get a real-time look at the inside of your drains. This allows us to pinpoint the makeup and location of the clog so we can give you an honest and accurate quote.
Drain Rodding Services: Professional drain rods are a powerful way to clear even the toughest of block. Harsh chemicals and DIY rodding can damage your pipes even further, so it’s best to leave removal to the professionals.
Fixed Price Drain Unblocking: For domestic property's we offer fixed price drain unblocking, and if we can't get you flowing, we won't charge you a penny.
Keep your drains running free this spring by calling PipeDream Plumbing at the first sign of an issue. One call, solves it all. 0333 5778 247